Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The trip begins amidst the Goverment Shutdown

Tomorrow we drive south about 45 miles to Devil's Den State Park to participate in an Aliner Rally of the LOKAT's, that's for Aliner owners from Louisiana, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas and Texas.  This is our first owner rally and should be fun and interesting to meet others who enjoy getting out and about with our unique little campers.

We planned to start our traditional fall trip with the rally and then meander toward Virginia where Ginnie's sister Jane lives.  We will have some restrictions due to the Goverment Shutdown closing all federal facilities, which include all the campgrounds in National forests and Corps of Engineer facilities.  Bummer... I called my Congressman's office and asked where I could camp in Arkansas.  I was told that they couldn't help me, and I responded with, "Yes you can, just do your effin job."  I would make an educated guess that most of the public campgrounds in Arkansas are federal, and as a result our choices are going to very limited as to where we can stay.  Naturally this problem isn't going to be experienced only in Arkansas, but in Missouri, Kentucky, N. Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia as well.
Again, Bummer...


No comments:

Post a Comment