Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The end of this story

Monday, we did just as I mentioned in the previous post.  We had a nice breakfast in the small restaurant that's on site at the KOA, and followed that with an easy drive home.  We followed I-40 to I-540 and soon we were in familiar territory, passing all the places we shop in Rogers and Bentonville.  We got the trailer pretty much unloaded, the truck in the garage, water turned on in the house, A/C dialed down to get some dry clean air circulating, and ice being made in the fridge.  Tuesday, Ginnie will do a huge laundry load, I'll wash the camper in and out and we will shop for groceries, pick up our mail and settle back into our Arkansas routine.

The trees here look amazing.  Lots of spring rain has helped enormously.  The dogwood that I was sure we had lost is fully leafed out.  The view behind our house has the appearance of a tropical jungle with mist rising in the early morning.   My two patches of grass need attention badly, but they will have to wait a couple of days.   With my push lawnmower being all I have to mow with, I'll have to use the string trimmer first to get the grass cut down to size.

Ginnie tells me that we will be in Salina for Adrian's birthday.  He needs to get familiar with his grandparents.  His crying reaction to our presence might just be his way of getting attention.  We'll see how a two year old reacts to a birthday celebration.

I'm getting used to blogging and how blogger works.  I need to proof my writing and check my grammar.  I think I will keep this up.  Ginnie has kept a much more extensive daily journal throughout our trip.  None of it has appeared here.  My apologies to any and all who have followed us along on this trip, as the actual trip was a lot more fun for us than reading about it was for you.

Another no pic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment