Friday, May 17, 2013

Visiting Salina

We left Bella Vista Thursday morning, but not before the adventure began.  I was routinely checking tire pressures on the camper and Ridge, when suddenly it dawned on me that I have wheel locks on the Ridge wheels.  I've had wheel locks before, and know that a special socket is required in order to change a flat or demount a tire.  Having already been through all the places where these sockets are hidden, I know that I was out of luck.  A quick call to the service dept of my local Honda dealer, and I was reassured that it wasn't a big deal, just bring the vehicle in and the parts dept could determine which socket I needed and in a couple of days, I would have it.  Trouble is, of course, we were leaving in an hour or so.   I decided that since we would be in Salina for a few days, to go to the Salina Honda Dealer and get the socket through them.

When we got to Salina, late in the afternoon, they had a different answer for me.  All they could do would be to remove the existing locks and replace them.  New locks still had to be ordered, and naturally it was more expensive.  We are now waiting for new wheel locks, "promised" for Monday, the day we are scheduled to leave.

Back to the real story, we are at son Bill's and he is smoking brisket.  Bill is a real barbecue enthusiast and took a class in Wichita on barbecue techniques.  We had a small brisket for lunch and it was terrific.  More later for dinner.  Tomorrow is Maddy's recital.

Son Scott came over and ate lunch with us.  He brought Adrian along.  We were anxious to see if Adrian has overcome his negative reaction to strangers, but he apparently hasn't.  One look at us and he begins to bawl.  Oh, Well, he isn't quite two yet, so there is lots of hope for the future.

Madeline is posing with the apple pie she baked.  She didn't assemble the pie, but she did bake it.  I'm sure it will go good with dinner.
Bill with his smoker and a handful of remote thermometers
Madeline and her pie
 Scott and Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment